Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A vent about the library

So I decided to start making my way through some books that I have been wanting to read or have already started reading. I have a stack in my nightstand drawer of books that I have started, and one I just bought and am half-way through. Now, Bret works for a book distributor and can get books at a good discount so we normally just buy the books that we want. Well since there were several I wanted I decided to use a novel concept.... the library. I thought why buy it, I will just check it out. Our library rarely has the books that I want, but this one in particular they had and it was checked out. I reserved it and got a call today that it was available. I picked it up and was told that it was a high demand book and is due back on Feb 3rd. WHAT? So because it is high demand I have to read all 39 chapters in ONE week instead of TWO. WHY, are they losing money by letting me keep it two weeks, I don't think so. I don't understand this at all, please someone impart their wisdom upon me on this subject. I have a hard time finding the time to read as it is why does the library have to make my life more difficult?

2 comments:

Samantha said...

... Or you could just pay the library fine, which would be cheaper than buying the book. Unless there is some crazy high demand penalty fee?

Kristin Aune said...

Yeah, pay the late fee. I actually had a late fee that I had no clue about when I check it out, 27 cents, LOL! I actually may get through it, I read 6 chapters last night.