Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Another update on testing requirements for Children's products

Well, I sent an email to my representative and apparently our petitions and letters worked. The CPSC put a one year stay on the testing requirements for certain products. This means that certain manufacturers and imports will not have to perform the required testing, but will have to meet the requirement. So hand-made goods made of yarn, wood, cotton and such can still be sold, yeah!

Here are the full details, if you want to read them:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09115.html

I am a big supporter of small business and hand-made items that are made in the US. I love etsy and seeing people make all of these wonderful handmade items that I use for my daughter and my photography.

Yes, we need to keep our children safe from lead. But ridiculous laws that don't even consider the little old ladies who are knitting blankets for spare cash are just stupid. Okay, it's over for the time being, enough venting for now.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Speaking of hand-me-downs, will your church be doing the spring consignment sale this year?

Kristin Aune said...

No we (I) am not doing the consignment sale this year. A little bit too much work this time around. I think I already answered your question, but couldn't remember for sure.